ITNAmerica Walk for Rides

ITNSarasota Walk for Rides

Wakl for Rides

Thank you for joining ITNSarasota in our first-ever Walk for Rides Celebration! ITNSarasota’s mission is to provide safe, affordable, dignified individual rides for seniors over 60 and for adults of any age with visual impairment. Your participation in our “Walk” is making a positive difference for our entire community.

Why senior mobility is important to all of us.

By joining in our Walk, you are helping area seniors who no longer drive to do their own grocery shopping, get to their doctor’s appointments on time, go to the movies or the theater or visit with friends; to go wherever they want to go 24/7. The fees only cover about 30% of the cost of providing the service and we must fundraise the other 70% - our Walk for Rides celebration is our first major fundraiser and we need your help!

Our “Walk” goal is to raise $15,000 and with your help we will not only meet this goal, we will exceed it! Senior transportation is a growing concern throughout the country, but with the largest population of seniors over 60 (for a county our size) the need is even greater in Sarasota County. Please join in the fun and celebrate with us on the beautiful grounds of Phillippi Estate Park on Saturday, March 3, 2012 from 9 a.m. to Noon. There will be food, fun, live entertainment, face painting, clowns, a fabulous playground for the little ones and children under 12 are free!

In addition to all the goodies listed above you will also receive a complimentary Walk for Rides T-Shirt and free Raffle Ticket for one of our exciting prizes when you register. Individual registration is a minimum of $25 – additional donations are most welcome and appreciated! Please register today!

We are thrilled to announce that Sophia LaRusso is our Walk for Rides Chair and that Kyla Weiner is ITNSarasota's Honorary Chair for our Walk for Rides celebration scheduled for Saturday, March 3, 2012, at Phillippi Estate Park from 9 a.m. to noon! SunTrust Bank is providing Walk for Rides volunteer teammates! A wonderful group of caring volunteers are already signed-up for our Walk for Rides committee and we would love for you to join us! We are looking for additional Committee Members, Team Captains, Sponsors and Walkers. So please contact Sophia LaRusso or go to www.ITNSarasota.org or join us on ITNSarasota's FaceBook or to find out more about how to help ITNSarasota fulfill its mission of providing dignified affordable rides for seniors over 60 and for adults with visual impairment!

Help us the fun way - by walking our way to success, please contact Sophia LaRusso.

Event Details

When:

March 3, 2012
Registration: 9 to 10 am
Scenic Walk: 10 to 11
Music, Fun & Entertainment: 10 to Noon

Where:

Phillippi Estate Park (map)

Poster and Flyer:

Download a Flyer
Download an 11 x 14 Poster

Chair:

Sophia LaRusso
Sophia LaRusso, Chair

KylaWeiner
Kyla Weiner, Honorary Chair